Volunteer in India
Over the years, DIR has welcomed volunteers of all ages and from diverse backgrounds who bring their energy, skills and expertise for the time they have available – a week, a month or longer.
Countless volunteers have provided vital services to DIR, to the staff and to residents of the Janta Colony by leading initiatives such as:
- Giving lectures and/or practical demonstrations to Health Promoters.
- Teaching English to Health Promoters.
- Assisting teachers at DIR’s School with a Difference.
- Organizing social events for the community.
- Building and/or repairing equipment for DIR facilities or for small businesses operating in Janta Colony.
- Helping entrepreneurs who wish to apply for micro-credit loans to develop business plans.
- Planting and maintaining roof-top gardens.
DIR welcomes new ideas from individuals – and equally welcomes individuals who are ready to be put to work at whatever task tops the current “To Do” list.